Even though Apple never sold directly to consumers before they opened that first store ten years ago in Tyson’s Corner, Virginia, Apple now boasts some incredible bragging rights for its retail channel:
- Apple operates over 360 retail stores which employs over 40,000 people;
- Apple plays host to more than a million visitors every day;
- Apple’s retail operations are on track to generate more than $20 billion in 2012
- Amazingly, Apple’s stores average over $7,000 per square foot which is more than twice the former gold-standard Tiffany & Company.
- It is estimated that Apple’s Fifth Avenue store generates over $35,000 per square foot making it the highest grossing retailer in New York – ever.
Amazing what great Apple marketing and great customer experiences have done for Apple…Apple Stores are the highest performing stores in retail history!
Just as Apple used these 5 secrets of marketing to become the world's most valuable company, Apple used 5 other secrets of retail to become the world's best retailer. I may reveal those secrets here soon so stay tuned!